AWS Glue supports data migration from legacy systems to cloud through various features and functionalities. Here are some of the ways AWS Glue supports data migration:
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL): AWS Glue provides ETL capabilities that can extract data from various sources, transform it as per the business needs, and load it to the target data store. This makes it easy to migrate data from on-premises legacy systems to AWS cloud.
- Pre-built connectors: AWS Glue has pre-built connectors for various data sources such as relational databases, NoSQL databases, and data warehouses. These connectors make it easy to extract data from legacy systems and load it to the cloud.
- Data Catalog: AWS Glue’s Data Catalog is a metadata repository that stores information about data sources, transformations, and jobs. It makes it easy to discover and access data from various sources and provides a single view of the data.
- Custom transformations: AWS Glue allows users to create custom transformations using Python or Scala programming languages. This makes it easy to transform data as per the business needs during the migration process.
- Integration with other AWS services: AWS Glue integrates with various AWS services such as Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon EMR. This makes it easy to load data to these services during the migration process.
Overall, AWS Glue provides a comprehensive set of features and functionalities that make it easy to migrate data from legacy systems to cloud.