(1) A basketball player scored 150 points which included 5 three-pointers and 10 two-pointers. What percent of his total score did he make by free throws?
- (a)85.25 Percentage
- (b)87.45 Percentage
- (c)77.55 Percentage
- (d)76.67 Percentage
(2) In an exam, three students participated. One of them scored 15 marks more than the other and his marks were 60% of the sum of their marks. What were the marks obtained by each of them?
- (a)A = 30, B = 45, and C = 85
- (b)A = 30, B = 35, and C = 45
- (c)A = 30, B = 45, and C = 45
- (d)A = 30, B = 45, and C = 35
(3) If P = x% of y and Q = y% of x, which of the following is true?
- (a)P != Q
- (b)P = Q
- (c)P > Q
- (d)P < Q
(4) In a school, 25% of students are below 10 years of age. The number of students above 10 years of age is 3/4 of the number of students of 10 years of age which is 60. What is the total number of students in the school?
(5) A student divided a number by 2/3 instead of 3/2. What is the percentage error in the calculation?
- (a)83.33 Percentage
- (b)70.5 Percentage
- (c)75.15 Percentage
- (d)80.45 Percentage
In other words, the student’s answer is 83.33% too low.